Mission and Goal

It is my mission and goal to help you to become responsible for your own education, especially in the field of Communication. I do want to contribute to your education, but I do not want to be responsible for it. I have my hands full with my responsibilities for my own education: intellectually, financially, emotionally, logistically, chronologically, and pedagogically. As some of you might already understand, I am no fan of “systematic soldiering” – (mhm definition: from Taylorism and Scientific Management - doing the minimum possible in order to obtain the maximum grade this professor is willing to be talked into).

Learning is a very important concept for me, and I hope to be able to share my concept of it with you. How we do that is a mutually reinforcing, iterative and interactive process, I often call it Communication. Collaboration is also a major part of what I expect from you. Together, you and I and your classmates will try to reach a common understanding of how we are going to contribute to each other’s education, while actively working within the common framework of the classroom, the department and the institution of NMSU.

No comments: